Whale Watching Flights
With the shape of the peninsula reminiscent of the fluke of a whale, and the Kaikoura ranges rising up behind with their snow-capped peaks, it is here that your whale watching adventure begins.
Whale watching by aeroplane offers a unique perspective and the opportunity to view whales and dolphins in their natural environment. From the air passengers can experience the true magnitude of the world’s largest mammal, the whale. These animals can reach an impressive 18 metres in length and weigh up to 60 tonne!
Wings Over Whales Kaikoura operate high-winged aircraft, which allows each person their own window seat and optimal, unobstructed viewing.
- Learn more about Kaikoura’s resident Sperm Whales and other marine mammal species during a 15 minute pre-flight information and safety briefing.
- Flight time is 30 minutes
- Whales and dolphins are orbited at a height of 150 metres giving passengers the opportunity to clearly see and photograph these incredible creatures.
- View the entire whale from head to tail as he breathes on the surface of the ocean.
- Our flights are suitable for individuals who suffer from sea sickness.
- All whale watching flights are carried out in accordance with Department of Conservation Marine Mammal Regulations.
- Our aircraft are all equipped with emergency life rafts, personal locator beacons and each passenger carries their own life jacket.
- Normal terms and conditions apply
We welcome individuals, groups and also those with young children and babies. Our facilities are fully wheelchair accessible and we can happily accommodate the elderly and those with limited mobility on all flights.Book Now